Ever since they were launched, the craze over Maybelline’s Creamy Matte Brown Nudes has been at an all-time high and lipstick lovers left and right have been dying to get their hands on their favorite shades. I heard some of them went out of stock pretty fast, too. The other day at an event, I was wearing Nude Nuance and a couple of people went up to me and asked what lipstick it was. When I answered Maybelline’s Creamy Matte in Nude Nuance, one got frustrated because apparently, she’s been trying to get her hands on the shade but it’s out of stock everywhere!
Riding on the #CrazyOverCreamyMattes trend, I decided to swatch five shades and compare them to more expensive brands that have a similar color.
Top to Bottom: Nude Embrace, Daringly Nude, Clay Crush, Nude Nuance, and Burgundy Blush
These are lippies I have in my own makeup kit that I thought looked closest to the Maybelline Creamy Matte Brown Nudes, which are priced at Php 299 each:
- Daringly Nude vs. Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick “Laguna Beach” (Php 850)
- Nude Embrace vs. NYX Cosmetics Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick “Sandstorm” (Php 460)
- Clay Crush vs. Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Lipstick “BR 750” (Php 1,285)
- Nude Nuance vs. Kylie Lip Kit “Candy K” (Php 2,500)
- Burgundy Blush vs. ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip “Limbo” (Php 450)
Check out my swatching video below: