The event, organized by the very hardworking team of Liz Lanuzo and Project Vanity, was held at Manila House Private Members Club, where guests were treated to a scrumptious lunch (my favorite was the DIY halo-halo!) and were able to see and feel the famous formulation of the masks through mini sheet masks that were placed on the back of our hands.
Dr. Morita is best known for its Hyaluronic Acid Essence Mask, infused with powerful hyaluronic acid, a moisture-binding ingredient that keeps skin plump, retains its moisture, and keeps your collagen synthesis up. Even girls with oily skin like me can benefit so much from it—to prevent our skin from getting dehydrated. Last year, I actually started incorporating hyaluronic acid in my skincare routine, and the results have been nothing short of amazing.
If you need an extra boost of hydration, these masks are perfect. They come in six variants. Apart from the Hyaluronic Acid Essence Mask, they also have the Hydrating Serum Facial Mask, Triple Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Essence Facial Mask, Whitening and Moisturizing Essence Facial Mask, Platinum Colloid and Hematite Extraction Whitening Black Facial Mask, and Platinum Colloid and Black and Pearl Extraction Moisturizing and Whitening Black Facial Mask (Wow, that was a mouthful! Haha!).
We were able to shop at the “mask buffet” using our own Bayongciaga (given at the start of the event) and I immediately hoarded four of each variant to be able to try them all. These masks are sold at Watsons for only PhP 74 each. To know more, check out these tips given by Dr. Jou, a third generation member of the brand’s founding Morita family.
- Cleanse your face. Apply mask on the face and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove and gently massage around the face area for the essence to be fully absorbed by the skin. No need to rinse off.
- Dr. Jou, third generation of the brand’s founding Morita family shares that their sheet masks already have toner, lotion, and serum. Those with dry skin may apply moisturizing serum or cream, if so desired. Hurray for one-step skin care!
- Dr. Jou also recommends using Dr. Morita sheet masks before going to bed for revitalized skin in the morning.
- Don’t let the excess leftover essence in the sheet mask package go to waste. Use it on your face and neck the next morning or night.
- Don’t leave sheet masks on for more than the recommended time, as it will result in “reverse osmosis,” leaving your skin drier than the ideal.
- Going on a trip? Sheet masks are a great travel-friendly skin care option!
- Consider using a sheet mask daily for better results.
I can’t wait to break away from my usual clay or mud masks, and start using these sheet masks from Dr. Morita! I’m sure I’ll be able to see and feel the results right away. Have you guys tried Dr. Morita already? Let me know in the comments!
Dr. Morita is Now Available in the Philippines